Monday, April 30, 2007

Enhance Brainpower

As I was browsing through my teammates recent blog posts I came across an article that Ashley found through another classmate. It was an article called Why Exercise Boosts Brainpower. It was about a study done on mice to grow new cells resulting from exercise. These new cells would be in a part of the brain that effects memory in adults starting at age 30. Similar to Ashley, my grandfather has Dementia, the early stage of Alzheimer's disease. Although it seems far fetched that exercising would actually grow these new cells in the brain and improve your memory, at least they are still working to come up with some type of treatment for Alzheimer's patients that can at least slow down or lessen memory loss. I think it is a great idea and hope that in the near future something can be created to help this disease. It would be interesting to find out a little more about the process.

No comments: